We all have a celebrity girl crush for various reasons. Having constantly under the radar of paparazzi, celebrities are always poised and look their best. But do you know they like us, rely on beauty hacks straight from the kitchen?
They are easy-peasy DIY beauty and hair recipes to work wonders for your skin and hair. These are all-natural beauty ingredients which are hit by celebrities such as Priyanka Chopra, Kourtney Kardashian, Kristen Bell, etc.
Here are top 10 celebrity beauty hacks to try out in your kitchen for an ultimate skin.
1.Priyanka Chopra swears by this easy face mask which can be made from 3 ingredients which are proven to give your clear and bright complexion while gently exfoliating dead cells. You would need 1 tsp of plain yogurt, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and ½ tsp of honey. Mix everything together well and apply this on the face. Wash when it dries off. Yogurt contains lactic acid which provides gentle exfoliation while turmeric is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties giving clear skin. Honey nourishes the skin.
2. Adriana Lima will explain to you why her avocado mask will provide ultimate nourishment and leave your hair runway ready. You will need half an avocado, mashed. You can either mix it with your conditioner or apply directly to the hair. Avocado leaves hair super shiny and healthy due to its high-fat content and also the smell is pleasant.
3. By now the entire world knows about apple cider vinegar and its benefits. But Kourtney Kardashian exactly knows how to make the most out of it. She makes her own DIY mouthwash by mixing coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. She starts with 1 spoonful of coconut oil and swishes for a couple of minutes before spitting it out. The oil naturally removes the toxins from the mouth which helps on cutting plaque. This routine is followed by using apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a daily mouthwash. ACV is a natural antibacterial and acts a great alternative to store-bought mouthwash.
4.Shay Mitchell loves the natural rosy look, all she does is cut up a rawbeetroott and use a small piece to rosy the cheeks and lips. She says that it is the most natural looking makeup you can wear the entire day without the need of touching up.
5. A good body scrub removes dead skin, moisturizes and clean the body. Kristen Bell makes a natural body scrub by mixing brown sugar, olive oil and honey. She applies the scrub which polishes and remove the dead skin.
6.The 90’s iconic supermodel Helena Christensen beauty hack involve grounded coffee and fresh papaya as a body scrub. Coffee contains acid and antioxidants which fight inflammation and papaya enzymes act as a natural exfoliant.
7. Actress turned fashion designers Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen swear by DIY hair conditioner made out of almond oil, vitamin E, jojoba oil and coconut oil. This hair mask can be used 1-2 times a week for ever-glossy and smooth hair.
8. Scarlett Johansson uses apple cider vinegar as a facial toner. She had researched about ACV and wanted to stay away from harsh chemicals. ACV works great with acne prone skin or troubled skin. It is pretty affordable and maintains pH balance and heal breakouts. The only thing involved with ACV that it stinks.
9. If you have dry hair, Zoe Saldana at home hair mask with mayonnaise will be your go-to hair mask. The simplest way to apply is to start with wet hair and apply a light coat of mayonnaise from root to tip. Cover the hair with a shower cap for 15-20minutes before shampooing. Mayo contains egg yolk which is packed with keratin beneficial for hair, it also contains vinegar, which is effective for balancing the scalp’s pH and excessive oil production.
10. Julianne Hough, Dancing with Stars Judgeuses turmeric as a teeth whitener. Turmeric has antibacterial properties and has a potential to whiten teeth. Though it is extensively used in curry and stews, turmeric will not stain your teeth.